In Module/Week 2, you learned about the differences between new and established patient designations. You also learned about the information needed to prepare for a patient visit/service and how to determine if a patient’s insurance is primary, secondary, tertiary, or otherwise. What aspects of what you learned did you not know or understand prior to this module/week’s learning activities (including the assigned reading)? Why is it important to determine if a patient is new or established? If you do not receive all the necessary information based upon patient designation (new or established), what could happen?
- Discuss the issue of substance-related disorder within the profession of nursing
- Define and differentiate among delirium, dementia and amnestic disorder
- Identify and discuss the major health problems among the various homeless aggregates in your community
- Consider the benefits and challenges associated with involving a nurse leader on an implementation team for health information technology
- Reflect on the tenets of the Theory of Humanbecoming and its core concepts and assumptions