Explain what is meant by a manager’s power base, the ways a manager develops it, and how a manager can effectively use it to achieve organizational and personal goals. Discuss what is meant by upstream influence and the various influence tactics categories associated with it. Explain the difference between the University of Michigan studies and the Ohio State studies. Summarize the path-goal model of leadership. What theories of motivation can you tie to the assumptions of the model? Explain why the study of leadership styles and approaches tends to generate much controversy among researchers and academics.
- Discuss the issue of substance-related disorder within the profession of nursing
- Define and differentiate among delirium, dementia and amnestic disorder
- Identify and discuss the major health problems among the various homeless aggregates in your community
- Consider the benefits and challenges associated with involving a nurse leader on an implementation team for health information technology
- Reflect on the tenets of the Theory of Humanbecoming and its core concepts and assumptions