For this assignment, you will perform a cultural assessment of yourself. Your cultural self-assessment should include:
- Brief, Simple
- How do you see your place in the world?
- What makes you a “culturally unique individual?”
- Family and Social History
- Follow ancestry back as far as you can, but be brief, this is not a family tree
- Giger and Davidhizar’s 6 Cultural Phenomena:
- Social Organization
- Environmental Control
- Biological Variations.
- Professional and Generic Care Beliefs and Practices
- What does it mean to be in good health?
- Do you use home remedies, folk medicine?
- Any foods that are taboo?
- Generic and Specific Nursing Care Factors
- How would you like to be treated by nurses?
- What does it mean to you to be “in good health”?
- What would be stressful to you about hospitalization, how could this be improved?
- What is good nursing care?
Cultural assessment should be typed, double-spaced and 12 font. This assignment is in narrative form. Please organize each section using the headings provided above. Total length should be a minimum of 3 pages, not including the title page or reference page.
Body organization-0-100 points
Body fluency-0-50 points
Body mechanics-0-30 points