The purpose of this assignment is to provide the student an opportunity to reflect on selected RN- BSN competencies acquired through the NUR3165 course.
- – The student will be able to produce a complete research paper.
- – The student will identify the research methods, sources and application in nursing practice.
- The Course Reflection is worth 100 points (10%) and will be graded on quality of self- assessment, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
- Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about your essay may be posted under the Q & A forum under the Discussions tab.
- The length of the reflection is to be within three to six pages excluding title page and reference pages.
- APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
Note: Introduction – Write an introduction but do not use “Introduction” as a heading in accordance with the rules put forth in the Publication manual of the American Psychological Association (2010, p. 63).
a. Course Reflection b. Conclusion
Preparing Your Reflection
The BSN Essentials (AACN, 2008) outline a number of healthcare policy and advocacy competencies for the BSN-prepared nurse. Reflect on the NUR3165 course readings, discussion threads, and applications you have completed across this course and write a reflective essay regarding the extent to which you feel you are now prepared to:
1. “Explain the interrelationships among theory, practice, and research.
2. Demonstrate an understanding of the basic elements of the research process and models for
applying evidence to clinical practice.
3. Advocate for the protection of human subjects in the conduct of research.
- Evaluate the credibility of sources of information, including but not limited to databases and Internet resources.
- Participate in the process of retrieval, appraisal, and synthesis of evidence
in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team to improve patient outcomes.
- Integrate evidence, clinical judgment, interprofessional perspectives,
and patient preferences in planning, implementing, and evaluating outcomes of care.
- Collaborate in the collection, documentation, and dissemination of evidence.
- Acquire an understanding of the process for
how nursing and related healthcare quality and safety measures
are developed, validated, and endorsed.
- Describe mechanisms to resolve identified practice discrepancies between
identified standards and practice that may adversely impact patient outcomes.” (p. 16).