Chronic Disease ManagementChoose one of the following chronic diseases to address in this component: Hypertension Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Diabetes Mellitus type 2 Childhood AsthmaComplete the following: Detail the population including who the members are, contributing causes, past medical history, family/genetic components. Evaluate the population including size, seriousness of disease, special needs, etc. Assess the need for formal case management. Argue the potential benefits to implementing a case management model including economics, quality of life/care, social disruption, etc. Analyze why nursing should be a part of this plan. What can they bring to the table? Identify other team members who should be included on a case management team. Why should they be on this team and what is their role?Reading and ResourcesChapter 2 pages 44-47 in Fundamentals of Case Management PracticeDe Regge, M., Pourcq, K. D., Meijboom, B., Trybou, J., Mortier, E., & Eeckloo, K. (2017).The role of hospitals in bridging the care continuum: A systematic review of coordination of care and follow-up for adults with chronic conditions. BMC Health Services Research, 17Davis, M. M., Devoe, M., Kansagara, D., Nicolaidis, C., & Englander, H. (2012). “Did I do as best as the system would let me?” healthcare professional views on hospital to home care transitions. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 27(12), 1649-56.Additional Instructions: All submissions should have a title page and reference page. Utilize a minimum of two scholarly resources. Adhere to grammar, spelling and punctuation criteria. Adhere to APA compliance guidelines. Adhere to the chosen Submission Option for Delivery of Activity guidelines.Submission Options:Choose One:Instructions:Paper 4 to 6-page paper. Include title and reference pages.
- Discuss the issue of substance-related disorder within the profession of nursing
- Define and differentiate among delirium, dementia and amnestic disorder
- Identify and discuss the major health problems among the various homeless aggregates in your community
- Consider the benefits and challenges associated with involving a nurse leader on an implementation team for health information technology
- Reflect on the tenets of the Theory of Humanbecoming and its core concepts and assumptions