BHS220 SLP due 14 jan 18
Your specific assignment for this week is to select one type of quantitative health datum to collect from your own life. Some examples of data to collect could be:
- How many minutes do you spend exercising each day?
- What is your total daily caloric intake in calories?
- What is your resting heart rate in beats per minute?
- How many ounces of water do you drink each day?
- What is your estimated total caloric expenditure from exercise each day?
- What is your estimated daily intake of saturated fat in grams?
- What is your daily systolic/diastolic blood pressure?
- Choose one variable that varies measurably from day to day. Be sure to specify the units of measurement, and state how it will be gathered.
- Then collect at least 5 days worth of data on that one variable. For example, if your variable is how many minutes you spend exercising each day, simply record the number of minutes that you spend exercising each day during the sampling period. Be sure to save this data for use in remaining SLP assignments. The more data points that you gather during the session, the better.
- Describe the data you have collected and its importance in relations to individual/population’s health.