In this assignment, you will conduct a discrete and respectful community observation of an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. Locate and attend a local Alcoholics Anonymous meeting in your area. Explain to the meeting leader that you are a nursing student studying community resources. Write a two-page summary of your experience describing the clientèle (be sure to respect members’ anonymity), the meeting, and the topics discussed. Apply your nursing knowledge to evaluate the quality and effectiveness of this particular resource. You will be graded on the comprehensiveness of your observations, how well you apply your nursing knowledge to evaluate the quality and effectiveness of this resource, and on your use of APA style and formatting, spelling, and grammar. Please make certain your work is well-written and meets the requirements.
- Discuss the issue of substance-related disorder within the profession of nursing
- Define and differentiate among delirium, dementia and amnestic disorder
- Identify and discuss the major health problems among the various homeless aggregates in your community
- Consider the benefits and challenges associated with involving a nurse leader on an implementation team for health information technology
- Reflect on the tenets of the Theory of Humanbecoming and its core concepts and assumptions